Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a DBA for a permanent role who will be responsible for supporting operational SQL Server database and Reporting Services.
This position’s primary focus is on production support of multiple large databases in multiple environments: this includes responsibility of database-related incident resolution, requests, application upgrades and installations, maintenance, monitoring, backups, recovery, restores, and security.
The position will also require some development skills and an eagerness to learn more in order to best support their Application and BI Development team members: database and SQL tuning, procedures, triggers, indexes, etc.
The individual must have a strong service oriented mentality, desire to maintain and improve automated monitoring and support systems, documentation discipline, and excellent communication skills.
• B.S. in Computer Science (preferred) or related field.
• Previous experience with (2+ years) and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, including:
o History of working with databases exceeding 100GB, in multiple database files, multiple data centers, remote locations, and SAN storage environments.
o Clustered and log shipping configurations.
o Management of backup, restore, and recovery models.
o Experience designing and testing Disaster Recovery Plans.
o Comfort with large-scale Production Change Management Projects.
o Use of SQL Profiler to test and tune packaged applications.
o Introductory knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience with Reporting Services.
• Health Care industry familiarity, including HIPAA requirements and EHR/PM software administration.
• SharePoint 2007 or 2010 configuration, backup, and maintenance.
• Ability to write and present to both technical and business teams.
· Provide SQL Server Database Administration.
· Manage SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
· Perform and support application updates and upgrades.
· Design, implement and test backup/recovery strategies, monitoring processes, and performance tuning for the database servers.
· Work with both clustered and log shipping configurations.
· Manage, design, implement, and monitor Data Warehouse strategies to provide risk analysis, financial, and other reporting needs.
· Provide/assist in the research and training of new features and technology.
· Provide Application and BI Team support with knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, triggers, procedures, and SQL Profiler for testing, troubleshooting, and tuning.
· 3rd Party Application Database Support.
· 2nd Tier Support on Rotating Basis.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org