Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Senior SQL Software Engineer for a long term contract in St. Louis, MO.
Must be highly proficient with complex SQL statements for Teradata and possess strong analytical abilities.
Assist with data collection and analysis, compare and contrast results and identify discrepancies between two systems running in parallel. Provide reporting on findings, determine root cause and suggest next steps for the clearing of exceptions, including follow-up communications as necessary.
Detail design, development, documentation, debugging and implementation of technical products, software programming applications. Recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Possesses an expert level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
• Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
• Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
• Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
• May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
• May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
• Work with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
• Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
• Formulates detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology. Prepare project documentation when needed.
• Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture.
• Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
• Develop detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications.
• Perform analysis of systems issues or changes.
• Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
• Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures
• Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and/or programming knowledge.
• College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
• Adaptability and willingness to learn
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other Departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
• Extremely process and detail oriented
• Strong customer service focus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with health care industry very helpful
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
*Offer contingent upon background check, drug test and reference checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org