The Systems Architect recommends and implements technical strategies, methodologies and development tools to achieve business objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner. Designs and implements integrated systems to work in legacy, new development and purchased package environments. Oversees the planning and management of the overall organization’s systems architecture activities directed towards the development and maintenance of information systems. Provides design and programming expertise and acts as individual contributor on IT initiatives. Assists Development Team Leads with planning, scheduling and monitoring progress of projects.
The Systems Architect will partner with key roles (e.g. business owners, IT managers, etc.) to create solutions that are aligned with the organization’s architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits). Within the system development lifecycle, this role will be responsible for solution evaluation and selection, input to buy vs. build decisions, early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case, and high level design. Provide consulting during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases.
· Systems Analysis background
· Programming and DBA Skills
· Understanding of modern development techniques for WEB based applications
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent formal and practical training.
· Significant experience in analysis/business case development, business workflow documentation, and business requirements gathering.
· Experience in object orientated design and data modeling.
· Minimum of 5 years of System Development experience required. (VB .Net a plus)
· Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) (Lombardi Teamworks a plus)
· Experience in relational database and web technologies as well as user interface design and human factors.
· Experience in project planning/scoping methodologies. (Agile Process a plus)
· Proven ability to evaluate, select and develop tools and processes to support continuous improvements in development processes.
· Ability to lead by example, coach through performance, and mentor through work activities. Excellent communication and facilitation skills, both one-to-one and in groups, at all levels of the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org