Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Software Tester for a permanent opportunity. The company develops software solutions in an agile, dynamic environment and constantly strives to use the newest technologies and depend heavily on the skills and knowledge of the QA team.
The Software Tester performs all aspects of product testing including Functional, Regression, Performance, Usability, and Integration. This individual participates in the development, publication, and implementation of test plans, the writing and maintenance of automated test scripts, and the development of testing standards and quality metrics. This tester is largely self-managed, requires little direction to complete testing assignments, and requires little mentoring on testing skills and tools. This position requires intermediate knowledge of software engineering and testing methodologies, software development lifecycles, and business terms, concepts, language, and processes for application functionality such as inventory, point of sale, member management, accounting, reporting, personal training and scheduling. Must have the motivation and ability to perform critical analysis about how users will interact with the software being tested, and turn those thoughts into detailed tests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in requirement definition and verifies that requirements are testable and provides preliminary recommendations for how each will be tested.
- Ensures that testing of multiple efforts is progressing as appropriate.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Expresses recommendations based on client desires, product architecture, cost, quality, and delivery timelines
- Contributes significantly to the tracking and resolution of defects
- Works closely with development and support teams to ensure total product quality
- Performs “Ad Hoc” testing
- Produces test scripts that are pertinent to current software enhancements
- Understands a component’s purpose and then ensures the testing strategy substantiates that purpose
- Communicates desired functionality with development teams and product owners
- Prepares and facilitates software demonstrations
- Performs all aspects of product testing including functional, regression, performance, usability, and integration
- Verifies software matches customer expectations; assists developers with producing software components that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Discovers and analyzes requirements (written and oral) to derive test plans, test estimates, scripts, and reports
- Learns multiple software products, hardware devices, and software platforms, and applies testing skills accordingly
- Develops a solid understanding of a tested product’s intended performance
- Coordinates the identification and resolution of software issues between multiple departments, groups, and locations
- Utilizes automated test tools to improve test efficiency and repeatability
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- 2 years of testing experience
- CSTE or equivalent testing certification preferred but not required
- 1 year experience with Linux/Apache/Tomcat preferred
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Experience with QA tools (Mercury preferred) for automation, coverage, error analysis and error reporting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com