Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a Unix/Linux Administrator for a long term contract.
Provides advanced UNIX and Linux server support and troubleshooting issues. Develops scripts to automate administrative tasks. Develop documentation for upgrades and new technologies in a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) format. Form integral links with other technical teams to increase quality of end user support and service. Learn new technologies that may be used to enhance or replace existing services. Act as member of quick-response user-support team, working under demanding deadlines and operating independently to resolve complex problems. Participate in an on-call rotation. (Usually requires 3 to 5 years experience.)
Linux Delivery Administrator is responsible for global delivery of new Linux based compute infrastructure in an enterprise environment with a strong Linux Server Administration experience (Linux, Susie VMware RedHat Hadoop)
• Gather vendor quotes, provide cost estimates, coordinate hardware datacenter placement, and operating system provisioning.
• Design and implement Windows and Linux (SLES, RedHat) based server infrastructure from the standardized reference architecture.
• Developing scripts to automate administrative tasks.
• Collaborate with middleware and application development teams (Oracle DBA’s, WebLogic, SharePoint, Informattica and SAP Basis Admin’s) to deliver the production solutions.
• Participating in an on-call rotation.
• Develop processes/build documentation for upgrades, new technologies in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) format and able to ensure adherence to it.
• Form good communication links with other technical teams, in order to increase the quality of support and service to the end user.
• Act as a member of quick-response user-support team and will often work under demanding deadlines, operating independently to resolve complex end-user problems.
• Foster a sense of urgency identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
• Experience with Linux administration in an enterprise environment (5+ years or equivalent).
• Experience working with servers in a SAN environment.
• Shell script development and automating jobs in the UNIX/Linux environment.
• Experience participating in small projects and collaborating with cross functional teams on projects.
• Excellent English verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience with NFS servers and/or NAS solutions.
• Bachelor's degree
• Linux, Susie VMware RedHat Hadoop
• UCS blade server, Dell and VMware
• Experience serving as the technical lead on P2V conversion initiatives using technologies including Migration Manager, VMware converter, and PlateSpin.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com