Cycle3 IT Staffing is seeking a talented VMware NSX Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining networks using NSX/NSX-T, and will have demonstrated an ability to integrate those networks with existing enterprise network environments.
Top 3 main criteria for this position:
Software defined networking, VMware NSX-V/NSX-T, Virtualization automation/networking
Preferred background and experience:
3-5 years of software defined networking and/or NSX, 10+ years of virtualization and/or networking
Strongly prefers contingent worker to be onsite
Local candidates would be phone screen and an in-person follow-up. Remote
(relocating) candidates would be phone/video interviewed.
In this role, this person will support firewalls built with NSX, implement and support software- defined networks, and will leverage those networks in support of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment. He or she will also work in close cooperation with the Automation Engineering Team to determine future user features integrating NSX with existing infrastructure automation efforts.
- Develop, maintain, and support networks in NSX/NSX-T • Expert knowledge of networking and VXLAN technologies • Automation of network deployment and configuration, integration with infrastructure (compute, storage) automation • Assist in integration with other software-defined networking technologies (Cisco ACI, Palo Alto, etc.) as needed • Exhibit and maintain knowledge of industry standards, best practices, etc., and make recommendations to the team accordingly • Assist in development of automation scripting around networking • Mentor and develop junior talent in networking and automation • Ensure network reliability and availability through well-planned and implemented solutions • Improve network manageability and scalability
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in CS, CIS, Network Engineering, etc.
- VCP6-NV, VCAP6-NV, VCDX-NV, or VCAP6-DCV certification a plus • 5 years in a network engineering role • Hand-on experience maintaining VMware environments; direct experience with vRA/vRO strongly preferred • In-depth knowledge of, and experience with VMware NSX • Experience with VXLANs, vSAN, software-defined networking, etc.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or similar private cloud platforms (Kubernetes,
etc.) a big plus
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, Linux shell scripting, etc., for automation/development • In-depth experience with network virtualization, VMware networking (Cisco networking a plus), VMware hosts, vCenter, and VMs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com