We are seeking the right person to fill the role of Web Applications Developer/Analyst. The position involves both team and individual development tasks related to our web-based results reporting service for multi-unit restaurant operators.
If You Are Hired, Here's What You Will Be Doing
You will be assigned various tasks involving new project development, as well as maintenance or conversion tasks of our existing legacy codebase. Our organization utilizes a small team development environment – if you are a creative problem solver and capable of working independently, you’ll fit right in. Basic duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Writing, designing, and editing web page content. Our organization development centers on enterprise reporting and user-friendly configuration screens, often with complex output requirements. We seek candidates who can devise innovative approaches to these challenges, while still maintaining overall site consistency.
- Participation in many stages of the development cycle. This is not a straight coding position. You will be asked to contribute in areas of client needs determination, project planning, testing, and post-release evaluations.
- Identifying problems uncovered by testing, management, or customer feedback, followed by either correcting these problems or referring them to the appropriate personnel for correction. Strong troubleshooting skills are necessary.
- Evaluating code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, and meets both industry standards and the organizations’ coding and styling practices.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiencies and security enhancements.
The ideal candidate will possess training and/or recent job experience in the areas of web page development and database access, as well as technologies that integrate the two (such as ColdFusion or ASP). Training or experience with HTML and transact-SQL are required, with an emphasis on strong t-SQL query skills. Experience with labor scheduling applications is a plus, and experience in the restaurant industry — any industry segment, any restaurant job — is always viewed favorably at our organization. Review the following list of skills and experience. The more you match, the more likely that you are a good fit for the position:
- Experience developing web applications – not just web pages, but web-based applications such as e-commerce sites or corporate intranets.
- Experience with web development best practices with respect to usability, scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Demonstrated strength and experience in creating usable interfaces that are well received by customers and prevent data-entry errors.
- Analytical and able to easily comprehend requirements and to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a plus.
- Bachelors in an IT-related field (computer science, system analysis, etc.), or equivalent life/work experience.
Work-at-home options may be made available for some developers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com